How to Make Gingerbread Cookies for Early Readers - Cooking Class
Teach your students to cook Gingerbread Cookies with this fun unit!
This unit is a cooking based unit that teaches younger students to understand the basic of a recipe as well as the ingredients used. There are many other activities included in this unit that help reinforce other learning practices such as reading, writing, sequencing, and a fun craft! It is a great hands on activity to get students excited about cooking!
This unit includes:
- Photo posters (Introduce unit)
- How to make it mini book (Reading and coloring)
- Recipe card for students to write on (Writing)
- Read it worksheet (Reading)
- Fill it worksheet (Writing)
- Order it worksheet (Organizing the steps)
- How to make it worksheets (lined and unlined)
- Recipe sequencing pages (Cut and paste)
- Ingredient cards (Color and black/white)
- My ingredients activity (Identifying ingredients)
- Recipe for teacher or parents (full size and half size)
- Fun craft (Cut and paste)
This unit works well for guided reading, small groups, literacy centers or whole group.
The mini book includes 14 pages, each page has two on it so you can save on ink and paper! One page will print two books!
This unit is a total of 48 pages! Please be careful before printing! Many pages are available in color for your understanding of how the activity works or if you don't want the students to color the pictures.
We Also Recommend
-AT Word Family FREEBIE Worksheets and Activities for Early Readers - Phonics
Alphabet Flash Cards for Early Readers - United States of America USA Flash Cards